The State Chancellery is seeking:
for support in checking the correctness of personnel lists of central and local
public administration authorities
In 2006 the World Bank established a Multi-Donor Trust Fund (further on MDTF) to assist the Government of the Republic of Moldova in the implementation of the Central Public Administration Reform (CPAR), which main goal is to build a modern, efficient and transparent central public administration aligned to European Union principles of good governance.
The MDTF comprises components such as: Institutional reorganization; Decision-making, strategic planning, policy development; Merit-based Professional Civil Service, Modernization of public services; Communication and transparency of Government activity. This assignment relates to the Component 3: Merit-based professional civil service, the key objective being to provide support to the Personnel Policy Division (PPD) of the State Chancellery in checking whether the personnel lists submitted by the central and local public administration authorities meet the requirements of the national civil service legislation.
The main responsibilities of the Consultants will be to:
- Consult the HR personnel in central and local public authorities in filling out and approving the personnel lists;
- Conduct preliminary examination and appraisal of the personnel lists approved by the central and local public authorities to make sure the principles linked with the delimitation of public functions from other positions in public administration laid out in the Law no.158-XVI of 4 July 2008 on the public function and status of civil servant and Government Decision no.518 of 17 August 2009 are applied;
- Provide recommendations and comments to the Commission on approving the personnel lists and, if necessary, participate in its sessions (according to current legislation, there is not established the periodicity of sessions. The Commission shall meet as needed).
- Finalize the Guidebook elaborated by PPD for the persons in charge of drafting the personnel list on this procedure and organize a series of seminars for making the central and local public administration authorities familiar with it.
General Requirements for the Applicant:
- University degree in law and/or public administration;
- Knowledge and understanding of civil service and labor legislation;
- Relevant experience in public administration or experience in providing advisory services to Moldovan public authorities;
- Strong communication and teamwork skills;
- Experience in human resource management (including development, promotion and implementation of personnel procedures) would be an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian and Russian, English and/or French would be an asset;
- Computer literacy.
Time Frame: This is a full time assignment. The contract will be signed for a period of 10 months, with possible extension.
Interested candidates should submit application letters stating their capacities and relevant experience and detailed CVs including information on applicant's relevant experience, examples of work carried out and achievements.
Expressions of interest must be received by February, 27, 2011 to the following address: Piata Marii Adunari Nationale 1, Office of Administrative Support, office 636, or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with the mark "consultant on personnel lists".
For additional information, please contact the Office of Administrative Support (phone 250-442, e-mail: email@example.com).
Candidates will be selected on a competitive basis.